Plasma Ball 8"
The Power of Static Electricity
You don’t have to be in school to get an educational lesson in static electricity when you have the 8 Inch Plasma Ball right at your fingertips. This glass orb may be filled with plasma filaments that will dance inside of the sphere, but it is also filled with scientific knowledge and exciting intrigue for you and your children. The 8 Inch plasma ball offers you a safe, fascinating way to demonstrate how lightning works as well as explain the concepts of potential differences and electron orbital jumping.Turn on this device and experience static electricity and let the fun begin as you spend hours just watching these colorful rays flicker and bounce around. Sound activated mode can be set to react to sound and music. For best results sound reaction mode requires very loud sounds and music.
How does it work? A small tesla coil produces a large potential difference between it and the glass of the surrounding globe, similar to a cloud and its potential difference with the ground. This potential difference uses inert gases inside the globe to complete a circuit and release its potential to the outer glass, just as a cloud releases its potential to the ground. The result? Bright, harmless, violet lightning bolts that respond to touch and sound.
- Science in a Globe: Portable 8 Inch Plasma Orb Lamp with a Tesla coil
- Interactive Learning: Just touch the glass ball to generate and control the plasma streams with your fingers!
- Makes A Great Gift: Fun decor for any home, office, school or desk
- Easy To Use: Powered by 12V adapter (included)
- Dimensions: 7.5" x 7.5" x 12.8" in., Globe approx. 8 inches diameter